Texas DWI Lawyer Blog

I have recently started a separate blog for DWI issues and questions which can now be found over at the Austin DWI Lawyer Blog.

Topics covered: Texas DWI laws, traffic stops, field sobriety tests, license suspensions and ALR hearings, occupational driver’s licenses, pretrial motions and trial issues.

Tags: ,
Comments (8) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
Nick Polino - November 3, 2008 10:20 PM

Hello,

I am hoping you would consider exchanging links with my DUI blog at http://www.drunkdrivingduilawblog.com

If you are interested shoot me an email please.

Nick Polino
nick@echicagoweb.com

Patricia DuBoser - May 29, 2009 9:37 PM

If dui charges are dropped and you refused to give blood. Is the drivers license suspension dropped also.

Florence Fox - July 30, 2009 7:43 PM

Hello, I have recently moved to San Antonio. However, I have been convicted of 2 previous DWI's in North Carolina.I have a pending 3rd DWI awaiting my return. I am presently in my 4th month of a drug rehabilitation (Veteran Healthcare System) Is it at all possible to have this case moved here or am I running the risk of being convicted as a felony? Do you have any suggestion for me. I am a nurse and the board of nursing knows about it and I will get my nursing license back if I clear my charges and complete my rehab.

A.Sperling - August 23, 2009 6:17 PM

Hello,
My brother inlaw fled Texas in 2006 to avoid prosection for his 3rd DUI. He was arrested in Colorado because he got into trouble. Now he has gone to Texas once but the case had to be postoned because his lawyer didn't have all medical records. They are trying to get this loser off by claiming medical illness. The guy is a drunk and pill popper who claims he needs narcotics for pain management. Most of the time he sells them for pot. He walks with a cane only as a prop. I really hope this jerk doesn't get off. He continues to drink while intoxicated and not only that doesn't have a drivers license. What are the chances he will get off?

San Francisco Defense Attorney - November 19, 2009 2:01 PM

Just curious what is the diff between a DWI and a DUI?

fred - June 27, 2011 3:03 AM

I am going through a divorce and my wife has used her mothers car and crashed into a tree. She was taken to the hospital and her blood work showed that her BAC was 178. Not sure how to read the hospital report. Think that she was loaded ? But this happened April 30, 2011. The police never brought charges up on her. Would like to us this in my case to prove that she is an unfit mother. This is in the Dallas TX

Steve - December 16, 2011 9:28 PM

My dad was taking to a hospital because he didnt want to take the breath test.then they arrested him.and then they took his blood with him refusing...anyway put him in jail and we bailed him out.paying the bail back they told him the case was refused and dropped.well today they picked him up at home saying the case was REOPEND and he is back in jail with another bond..saying he got a DUI in 1994 and that saying thats his 3rd dui..how can the state of Texas do this?? sounds fishy

law firm colorado - September 21, 2014 3:15 AM

ӏ feel this is among thee so much vital info for me. And i'm
happy studying youг article. But shߋuld remɑrk on some basic things,
The աеb site style iss perfect, thee articleѕ iis truly nice :
D. Justt rigɦt activity, cheers