Calling All Criminal Defense Blogs

Keeping up with all the new criminal defense blogs popping up can be quite the chore sometimes. It’s well worth the time and effort, but I can’t tell you how many times I run across someone that’s been posting for awhile that I’m just now running across.

Got a request from Simple Justice to run another Criminal Law Blog survey similar to the one I did last year. The results came in two parts and were published in June of ’07. Although originally conceived as a method to rate the “Top 10” blogs, I ended up listing 23 blogs over the two part results posts.

I’m going to do it a little differently this time around. To heck with a rating system, or a Top 10, or Top 100. Just send me the name and URL of every good criminal defense type blog you read regularly or subscribe. And of course, don’t forget to tell me who you are. Everyone will get listed.

You could tell me just to count everyone in your blogroll, if you must, but let’s face it – blogrolls get a little stale. Do me a favor and cull through the best of them, by which I mostly mean those that still publish somewhat regularly.

You can leave a comment on this post, or better still just email me at jamie@austindefense.com.  Bonus points – which to be perfectly fair are worth nothing except they’ll help me compile this list – are given to folks who mention that I am running this survey on their own blogs. (Don’t forget to email me and let me know you’ve done that.)

I’ll post the results in 2 weeks, and depending on how fast and furious the responses come in, possibly sooner, and possibly after that as well. How’s that for a really strict set of rules and guidelines.

As always, professor blogs, law student blogs, and yes those oh-so-few prosecutor blogs are being sought after too, so give me a shout out, and let me know what you’re reading out there.

Trackbacks (2) Links to blogs that reference this article Trackback URL
Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer - June 23, 2008 11:22 PM
“Ah. I see,” said the blind man.When Scott prodded me earlier to redo the criminal defense related blog survey, he did it because he had run across Gideon’s post of recent public defender posts, recreated with all due Google Juice...
Waco Criminal Law Blog - June 26, 2008 12:16 PM
Since I've started to following blogs - which has only been a few months, I've noticed an increasing number of criminal defense related blogs. Austin lawyer Jamie Spencer is putting together a list, and soliciting blogs. So if you know...
Comments (6) Read through and enter the discussion with the form at the end
bfrederick - June 24, 2008 1:02 AM

Criminal defense practice and public defenders:
A Public Defender

Woman of the Law
grey-at-law
In the Moment
Night Court

WEL - February 11, 2009 6:09 PM

MAXIDEX DEXAMETHASONE WARNING

I had eye surgery and in the post-op pack was MAXIDEX (dexamethasone) drops by ALCON LABS.

Two days later I was BLIND

Use Google and enter EPOCRATES MAXIDEX REACTION to verify

Or call 800-757-9195

Matt - April 23, 2009 12:13 PM

Always curious to see what criminal prosecutors think about bail bondsmen?? I know defense attorneys and bondsmen have pretty symbiotic relationships. It would be interesting to see more prosecutors takes on certain topics.

Trackback - Cheap Internation Call >> How to make cheap international call - November 19, 2009 3:59 PM

,>..] blog.austindefense.com is other must read source on this issue,>..]