Grits for Breakfast pointed me to a very interesting new blog “Just Rants and Raves” written by a guy being supervised on a Dallas County sex offender probation. I hope to see more “probation blogs” pop up, because I think it will be instructive for everyone in the system. I’m sure that our local Austin
§ 33.01. Definitions
In this chapter:
(1) "Access" means to approach, instruct, communicate with, store data in, retrieve or intercept data from, alter data or computer software in, or otherwise make use of any resource of a computer, computer network, computer program, or computer system.
(2) "Aggregate amount" means the amount of:
(A) any direct or indirect loss…
§ 33.02. Breach of Computer Security
(a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly accesses a computer, computer network, or computer system without the effective consent of the owner.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor unless in committing the offense the actor knowingly obtains a benefit, defrauds or harms…
§ 33.021. Online Solicitation of a Minor
(a) In this section:
(1) "Minor" means:
(A) an individual who represents himself or herself to be younger than 17 years of age; or
(B) an individual whom the actor believes to be younger than 17 years of age.
(2) "Sexual contact," "sexual intercourse," and "deviate sexual intercourse" have the meanings assigned by…
§ 33.03. Defenses
It is an affirmative defense to prosecution under Section 33.02 that the actor was an officer, employee, or agent of a communications common carrier or electric utility and committed the proscribed act or acts in the course of employment while engaged in an activity that is a necessary incident to the rendition…
§ 33.04. Assistance by Attorney General
The attorney general, if requested to do so by a prosecuting attorney, may assist the prosecuting attorney in the investigation or prosecution of an offense under this chapter or of any other offense involving the use of a computer.
§ 33.05. Tampering with Direct Recording Electronic Voting Machine
(a) In this section:
(1) "Direct recording electronic voting machine" has the meaning assigned by Section 121.003, Election Code.
(2) "Measure" has the meaning assigned by Section 1.005, Election Code.
(b) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly accesses a computer, computer network, computer program, computer software…